15 Kenyan travellers you should follow
This list is made up of Kenyan travellers; bloggers, vloggers and social media influencers who create travel content. They all inspire me to travel and I hope they inspire you too.
Love or hate social media, you cannot deny the fact that it has made us more connected than ever before. Most importantly, the
wealth of information online has made travel easier. For me, part of pre-travel research of a destination involves reading tons of blogs, watching lots of YouTube videos and finding all the picture perfect destinations on social media channels. I love reading reviews of a destination or accommodation by travellers’ as they gives me a first hand view of what I need to prepare for.
**The list is in no particular order and is in no way exhaustive.
Scan my name tag below to follow me on Instagram. Subscribe to the blog for travel tips and experiences here.
15 Kenyan Travellers:
- Winnie Rioba aka justrioba on the internets. She writes about budget travel with a bias on African countries. Her witty and knowledgeable posts on her site and Twitter page will give you the inspiration you need to book your trip asap. Her Instagram page is equally wanderlust-inducing, complete with beautiful pictures and funny captions.
- Secondly, The Kenyan Camper, as the name suggests, writes about local budget travel; camping being his specialty. He travels to the remote and less frequented places in Kenya. His site is a gold mine full of information. His Instagram page is full of vast lands and starry skies, a scroll down his feed will make you want to venture off the beaten path for sure.
- Christine’s blog aims to inspire you to travel, often to places less frequented. The stunning photos on her site will give you a gentle nudge to book that trip. Her Instagram is beautifully curated and do not be surprised to find yourself stalking her hours on end.
- Marion’s posts will take you on a journey all across Kenya. She gives fantastic travel tips, hotel and restaurant reviews. Catch up with her escapades on the gram. Make sure you note down all the places she’s visiting for future reference.
- Bonita of Bonita on safari is an award winning blogger. A look at her site will show you why. Full of information, her posts take you around Kenya and her Instagram page will definitely induce some wanderlust in your system.
- Leo writes about budget travelling across Africa. His posts are informative and will help you save some coins as you travel. He also has great trips for backpacking around Kenya and across Africa and planning your trip.
- Gacheri aka A Kenyan nomad writes about travel in Africa and beyond. Her website has a wealth of information on quite a number of countries and her tips on solo and budget travel will help you plan your trip.
- The traveldote is run by female adventurists who write about budget travel around Kenya. Their posts will inform you about beautiful camping and self- catered options often off the beaten track.
- Marie Magesha runs the blog, Shades of Acqua, where she shares her travel experiences across Asia and Kenya. She gives great travel tips and if you’ve been thinking of travelling to South East Asia or the Kenyan Coast, she’s your go to source for information.
- Farhana is a YouTuber who vlogs about all things travel. Her vlogs are entertaining and enlightening, literally the definition of short and sweet. Her Instagram and YouTube pages are full of positive vibes and cheer so make sure you’re part of #RafikiSquad to catch up with her.
- Routes Adventure is a collection of four travellers touring the country and documenting Kenya’s less frequented places in an effort to showcase the country’s beauty. Their videos are beautifully shot and will move you skip the popular places and venture to the lesser known parts.
- Throttle Adventures is run by travelling couple, Wamuyu and Dos who are currently travelling the world on motorbikes. They sold their belongings and are now on a 3 year journey around the world. Their pages will inspire you to travel and stop making excuses. As is written on their site, ‘Life’s too short for ordinary adventures’.
- Wendy Watta’ s beautifully curated Instagram page will make you want to pack up your bags and move to a remote island. She vlogs and writes about her travels around the country giving fantastic tips along her way. Stalk her for some travel inspo. In addition, she runs a blog that is worth checking out.
- Up next, Wambui Gichobi is currently on a journey around all 197 countries of the world, which she’s dubbed Adventure 197. She aims to inspire Kenyans and largely people of colour to travel and to show them that they can achieve anything they set out to do, all while promoting sustainability. Her Instagram posts are full of beautiful shots and her story will no doubt challenge you to get out of your comfort zone. Follow her to keep track of her progress in the quest.
- Lastly, Linda Matama hasn’t been everywhere but is is certainly on her list! Whether she is chasing waterfalls in Iceland or swimming with sharks, her Instagram page will take you on an adventure all around the world, complete with gorgeous pictures. All Roam-ans and travel enthusiasts should definitely follow her to catch up on her travels.
In conclusion, a lot of the people on the list vlog and blog so be sure to check out their work.
Know any Kenyan travellers that I haven’t mentioned? Comment down below and tell me who your go-to people are.
Love and Light!
Until next time…