20 Enchanting Airbnbs in Naivasha
Less than 3 hours away from Nairobi, Naivasha is the perfect weekend getaway destination. Boat riding, rock climbing, hiking, and relaxing are some of the things you can do in Kenya’s camping country. Airbnbs are the perfect accommodation choice in Naivasha. Get privacy, comfort, and convenience all at good rates. Planning a trip to Naivasha? Below are some stunning Airbnbs in Naivasha that would be ideal for a weekend stay. This list has a mix of budget and luxe properties, all charming and with unique features. Most of the properties listed are perfect for groups. Sign up for Airbnb here to get $40 off your first booking.
Airbnbs in Naivasha
Save your Coins
- Modern Apartment near town
This modern, simple, and affordable apartment is located just a kilometre away from Naivasha town.
The apartment hosts 2 people and is $32 per night for the entire apartment, which comes to $16 per person.
- Stylish Farm House
Agape House is a stylish bungalow near town and 6 km away from Lake Naivasha. Enjoy the tranquil space and fresh produce from the farm. The house can host up to 7 guests and charges $94 per night for the entire house, which comes to about $13 per person.
- Cosy Apartment in Naivasha town
This airy apartment is a serene, cosy space in a convenient and easily accessible location. The entire apartment is $29 per night for a maximum of 2 guests which comes to around shs.1450 per person.
Luxe on a Budget
- Honeymoon Hut
This house offers the perfect romantic escape from busy city life. Enjoy sweeping views of the Malewa river as you enjoy breakfast at the deck. Relax in the tub, sit by the fireplace and go hiking if you fancy. The house is $107 per night.
- Luxury Tent
This luxury tent is located right by Lake Naivasha and Lake Oloiden, so you can expect scenic views and wildlife sightings. The hosts provide breakfast and there is a well equipped modern kitchen for guests to use. The tent sleeps 4 people at $138 per night, which comes to around Kshs.3,450 per person. Please note that the minimum stay is two nights.
- Susie’s Camp
Located between Mount Longonot and Lake Naivasha is this private bush camp. Close to all attractions in Naivasha and easily accessible. Enjoy the scenic views or lounge by the lovely pool. Both tents sleep two guests each and charge $300 for 4 guests per night. Note that the minimum stay at Susie’s Camp is 2 nights. If you opt to get cooked meals, the Chef charges Kshs.2,000 per day.
- The Dairy
This lovely barn turned country home is located within a wildlife sanctuary on the northern shores of Lake Naivasha. Enjoy walks in the property or a dip in the pool. Enjoy an alfresco breakfast as you watch the animals grazing (zebras, giraffes, warthogs, impalas, and gazelles). Note that you have to pay a fee to enter the Sanctuary as well as a daily fee of $10 for WiFi. The house sleeps 6 guests and charges $450 per night for the entire home, which comes to about $75 per person.
- Longonot Loft
This modern eco-friendly home is located near lake Naivasha and offers sweeping views of Mt.Longonot. The house is 100% solar-powered and kettles and hairdryers are not allowed. You can be sure to find zebras, impalas, and giraffes on the property. The house hosts up to 5 guests and is $176 per night which comes to around Kshs.3,520 per person.
- Kiira Cottage
This stunning rustic cottage is an amazing weekend getaway location. Catch beautiful sunsets, take a dip in the pool, have sun-downers by the pool, light bonfires, and play indoor games with your loved ones. The house hosts up to 10 people and is $400 per night for the entire house which comes to $40 per person. Horse riding can be arranged although intermediate riding skills are required. Guests can enjoy a guided tour of the ranch and enjoy wildlife and bird watching. There is a chef available for hire.
- The Lake House at Sungura
This lovely property is located by the edge of Lake Naivasha. Enjoy indoor outdoor living the Naivasha way; with views of Lake Naivasha and wildlife grazing around you. The house hosts up to 8 guests and is $261 per night for the entire place, which ccomes to around shs.3,263 per person.
- Francolin Cottage
Francolin Cottage is a cosy and tastefully decorated home located in The Great Rift Valley Lodge. Guests can access the GRVL swimming pool and grounds. Enjoy country living with a slice of views of the Aberdare Ranges and proximity to Naivasha’s prime attractions. The house sleeps 7 guests and is $166 per night for the whole house, which comes to around shs.2,371 per person.
- Kilimandege House
Right by Lake Naivasha and within Kilimandege Sanctuary is this beautiful home. The entire house sleeps up to 12 guests and is $428 which comes to around shs.3,567 per person.
- Leleshwa House
If the spacious rooms Afro-designed rooms do not convince you to book your stay, I hope the solar heated pool does the trick. Leleshwa house hosts up to 8 guests at $333 which comes to around Kshs. 4,163. There is a gym on the property. The hosts provide beddings and towels. The kitchen is well equipped and there are herbs, spices, cooking oil, and condiments available. They also supply fresh bread rolls or a cake on arrival and milk, tea, and coffee when guests arrive. You can hire a chef for Kshs.1,500 per day. Please note that the minimum stay is two nights.
- Enkuso Ntelon
This property boasts of spectacular views of the Malewa River and beyond. Airy and spacious, it accommodates groups with ease. It can host up to 14 guests and charges $208 which comes to around shs.1,486 per person. Please note that the minimum stay is three nights.
- Lucita Farm Guest House
Located right by the edge of Lake Naivasha is this cosy cottage. Enjoy sundowners by the pool or play some tennis. The cottage is also home to two dogs and two horses. The house sleeps 6 guests and is $295 per night, which comes to around shs.4,917.
- Shwari Cottages
These rustic cottages are located in a private ranch and offer spectacular views of the Aberdares, Mt Longonot and Lake Naivasha. Swim as you watch wildlife and if you’re lucky safari rallies. The cottage can host up to 6 guests and is $250.
- Tranquil Villa
This home offers a quiet and serene escape from busy city life. It is located in the Great Rift Valley Lodge. The entire home is $140 per night for 6 guests which comes to around $23.
- The Folly
The Folly is set within a game sanctuary right next to the lake. Enjoy frequent visits from wildlife grazing and watch hippos bathing in the lake. The house hosts two guests and is $80, which is $40 per person. The house is fully self-catering.
- Milima House/ The Bus
The Bus is a converted matatu and can sleep two people comfortably. This quirky space overlooks Mt. Longonot and the outdoor shower elevates the whole experience. The Bus hosts 2 guests and is $50 per night, which is $25 per person.
Twiga House sits right by the edge of Lake Oloiden. Wake up to magical sunrises and hippos bellowing. The main house (sleeps up to 5 people in 3 bedrooms)-23,000 KES ($230) per night (Min. 2 nights).You can opt to hire the resident Chef at shs.3,000 per day or buy and cook your own meals.
Located opposite Buffalo Mall in Naivasha, Symphony Hotel is easily accessible and near all the main attractions. The hotel offers bed and breakfast and rates start from shs. 3,000 per person.
Things to Note about Airbnbs
- Prices indicated do not include service charges, meals, and transport. Most of these places are on a self-catering basis and if they do have a chef or access to fresh produce from their gardens, you would have to pay extra.
- Ask the hosts what measures they are taking to ensure guest safety. When you do travel please sanitise, keep social distance, and wear your mask.
- Most, if not all of these properties are located off-road therefore a 4WD vehicle or a car with high ground clearance would be best. It would also be better and easier to travel during the dry season for the same reasons. Make sure you call ahead to ask about the state of the roads and to ask for directions.
- Buy your food, drinks, and other necessaries before you get to the properties as most are located away from town.
- If you are travelling solo, filter your search on Airbnb to Private Room rather than Entire Place. However, feel free to book an entire place if you wish to.
- Before booking a property, make sure you read the house rules, property description, check the photos, and most importantly, read the reviews.
- Confirm rates as they are subject to change depending on the season.
- Payment and communication with the hosts are done exclusively via the Airbnb website or app for safety purposes.
- When visiting Airbnbs be mindful and keep the place in the state you found it. So pick up after yourselves and do not litter. Remember that it is someone’s home after all.
- Photos put up on this post are sourced from the listings on Airbnb, I do not own them.
Things to do in Naivasha
- Go on a boat ride on Lake Naivasha or Lake Oloiden
- Visit Crescent Island Game Sanctuary and walk amongst wildlife
- Visit Crater Lake Game Sanctuary
- Hike up Mt. Longonot and if you are brave, go round the crater
- Visit Hell’s Gate, walk in the gorges, cycle or try your hand at rock climbing
- Swim at the naturally heated pool at Ol Karia Geothermal Spa
- Visit Lake Elementaita and taste the famous nyama choma at Kikopey
These Airbnbs in Naivasha are all beautiful and worth a visit. Most of them are near Lake Naivasha and Mt. Longonot. Find more properties in Naivasha here. Grab your friends/family, book your stay, go on a road trip, and enjoy a memorable stay in Naivasha.
Which Airbnb would you love to visit and who would you take with you? Have you been to any of these properties? Let me know in the comments section down below.
Find more getaway ideas here.
Share this post with a fellow traveller 🙂
Until next time, Bye!
*As an Airbnb associate, I may earn a fee when you book from Airbnb at no extra cost to you*